fundraising art auction benefiting Café Momentum
Saturday, May 12
4 to 8
Party Jamz by
DJ Chikki G and DJ Hammertimez
2408 Converse, Dallas, Texas 75207
$5 admission. Free for kiddos!
email@example.com | http://
Saturday, May 12 | 4 p.m.-8 p.m.
4 p.m. Silent auction begins
6:45 p.m. Silent auction ends
7:00 p.m. Live auction begins
7:45 p.m. Awards ceremony
LIVE AUCTION MCs
Rawlins Gilliland | Writer, KERA commentator
Catherine Cuellar | City of Dallas Cultural Affairs Commissioner
SILENT AUCTION JUDGES
Adam and Alicia Rico | Bows and Arrows
Blake Ward | DJ
Cassandra MacGregor | House of MacGregor
Heyd Fontenot | CentralTrak Gallery
Julie Webb | Webb Gallery
Kelly D. Mitchell | Mitchell | Garman Architects
Samantha Reitmayer Sano | SWOON, Styleswoon.com, FDLuxe
Sarah Jaffe | Musician
Vynsie Law | We Are 1976
George Baum | DJ Chikki G
Josh Robertson | DJ Hammertimez
If you’re making a diorama, PLEASE let us know ahead of time!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Give us your name, email/website, and cell phone number.
Pre-registration ends Friday, May 4.
Diorama Drop Off Details
Friday, May 11 | 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
2408 Converse, Dallas, Texas 75207
Please have your entry ready to display and complete with all necessary supplies (battery packs, extension cords, etc). To arrange an alternate/earlier drop-off time, contact Holly Jefferson: email@example.com.
WHAT IS DIORAMA-O-RAMA?
It’s a collective art happening and fundraiser where everyone is invited and encouraged to make and donate a diorama to be auctioned. Event proceeds will benefit Café Momentum—a non-profit restaurant concept serving amazing, monthly pop-up dinners. Each dining event is overseen by one of Dallas' best chefs and functions as a way to help at-risk youth from Dallas County Youth Village learn basic culinary and hospitality skills as well as finding strength and determination to succeed and lead a productive a life.
WHAT IS A DIORAMA?
It’s a three-dimensional re-creation of a scene that displays multiple objects in some sort of box or container and portrays a specific theme or moment in time. Dioramas usually bring to mind small-scale formations—as seen in museums—but dioramas can be life-size, too. Any type of interesting container adds to the unique meaning behind a diorama. The possibilities for design are limited only by the imagination, as there are no restrictions or real rules at all.
Top three diorama designs per our esteemed judges.
- Bring cash! You can purchase dioramas or merchandise with a check, but the door fee and refreshments will be CASH ONLY.
- $5 mandatory donation fee. Free for kiddos.
- The first 50 attendees to pay the $5 mandatory donation will receive a tote screened by Model Citizens Print Co and an illustration by Amanda Pounds—and if you’re lucky, it’ll have goodies from local businesses. LOCAL BIDZNESS OWNERS, PLEASE BE IN TOUCH!
- Open to the public. A homemade diorama contribution is not mandatory. All are encouraged to attend and bid on dioramas created by established artists, inspired artists, people who give it their best shot, and complete and utter nobodies.
- Auction winners must pay for and collect their diorama at the end of the auction. NO EXEPTIONS. CASH OR CHECKS ONLY!!!
- Free beer and wine while it lasts (FYI: The drive-thru daiquiri place is not walking distance this year.)
- Food will be for sale on site.
- Have your picture taken in our life-size diorama.
Justin David Cox